Current Go-To Hair Products
Hello ladies! I know this post is long overdue since the #1 question I've received from you over the years is, "what products do you use to get your bouncy curls?" So, the wait is over, my sweets! Here's my step-by-step tutorial with all my tips and the link to my Amazon Influencer page where you can purchase all of my favorite hair products to get my soft, bouncy curls.
We curly-haired girls know that everyone's curls are different so be sure to play around with the amounts of each product you put into your hair. Some of you may need more of one product than the other or you may even realize that you don't need one of the products I use at all. Again, because curly hair is unique, and depending on were you live, weather makes a big difference too. Play with the products until you figure out what works best for you.
NOTE: the amount of each product depends on the length and thickness of your hair but below are the amounts I use.
In this order run each product through your hair with your hands...
- Pump a quarter-sized amount of the Moroccan Oil Curl Cream and run it evenly through your hair. Scrunch your hair to get the curls to come back.
- Rub a nickle-sized amount of Kevin Murphy Smooth Again lotion in hands and scrunch that into your hair.
- Rub a dime-sized amount of the Aveda Liquid Pomade in hands and scrunch that in too if you want a bit of extra hold.
- Continue scrunching, flip your head upside down and blow dry it using a diffuser.
- Once your hair is dry, if you want extra shine, pump a little bit of the Davines Ol Oil (it smells so good!) into your hands and scrunch that in too.
- Using your fingers, message your head to mess up the curls close to your scalp if you want to make your hair bigger.
- Finally, if you have any curls that you want to define a bit more, use the Moroccan Oil Curl Defining Cream on those individual bits. Take note that the Curl Defining Cream and the Curl Cream from Moroccan Oil are two different products.
SOME HANDY CURLY HAIR TIPS
Be sure your hair is pretty wet before you put in the products. It shouldn't be dripping wet but I've noticed my curls look better when my hair is more wet than not.
Scrunch in the products one-by-one instead of creating a ‘cocktail’ of everything you use.
- Always use the diffuser attachment on your hair dryer. I recently purchased this one for traveling and if I forget it, I put a sock at the end of my hotel rooms hair dryer. This doesn't work as great as a diffuser but it's a little tip I learned from a stylist that works well in a pinch.
- Get a great haircut with plenty of layers underneath to help your curls stay bouncy. If you need someone great in Los Angeles, my hair dresser is great! Go see my awesome stylist, Patrick Ludlow, at Spoke And Weal.
- If you feel like using all the above products weighs your hair down at all, cut back on the amounts of each product or try leaving one out. I would leave out the Kevin Murphy Smooth Again Lotion out.
I hope this answers all your questions, my curly-haired darlings! Cheers to many good hair days ahead!
Lots of love,